Water, Water, Everywhere

At the HB household soda is what we call a very special occasion drink. My Beautiful wife and I find no redeeming qualities in the sugar nectar that as a child my father showed me actually does eat rust. No, we are a little more conscientious in our drinking choices. The popular choices of beverage at the HB table are milk, water and occasionally orange juice.

A little side note here for all that follow this post regularly. A few days ago I had mentioned the lack of a nickname for a certain eldest child. After much debate at the dinner table with the entire family including Brötchen, our Oma, we actually came up with nothing. The younger members of the clan, and some of the older, insisted on a name with buns in it. After all that is the family name they said. So it appears that the responsibility is laid upon me to come up with just the perfect name for the young man. I have decided that since he is a pre-teen and coming into manhood, I will respect his wishes and not try to embarrass him (although I really would like to cause that's my job). The name that I have chosen for my little man is……….wait for it ………..Croissant! It is the perfect moniker not because he is light and flakey, no, but because he is the cultured one of the group.

Now let's get back to the original path. My two oldest children, Croissant and Cheddar Buns, favor water although milk is a close second while the two smaller guys, Mini Buns and Sticky Buns, prefer milk but are not opposed to water. Since the water in my town is probably not exactly bottled water quality, we have a BRITA water pitcher that we keep full, well, forever. The BRITA® pitcher is a lot cheaper than buying bottled water for the house and it looks a lot better on the table.

Before dinner a few nights ago I was filling the BRITA pitcher at the sink and mentioned that the electronic timer for the filter had expired. Cheddar Buns came over to assist me in changing the filter and resetting the timer, seconds later she was joined by her little brothers. The four of us then proceeded to fill the pitcher with the use of the sink's spray hose. Four of us were not needed to fill it, but we succeeded in spite of ourselves.

Later at the table Sticky Buns, having already had a glass of milk, asked for a glass of water not from the BRITA®, but from a small Poland Spring bottle that was on the table. I said no, he could have water from the BRITA® because I wasn't going to open a bottle of water when the pitcher is full of perfectly good water. "It's dirty!" Sticky Buns exclaimed. "It is not." I said. "We just changed the filter together. How can it be dirty?" I then proceeded to fill his glass which, mind you, just had milk in it not to mention the fact that it was covered with his finger prints from the fingers covered in ketchup, his favorite condiment. Once full, Sticky Buns picked up the finger printed glass with the cloudy milk/water drink and shouted "See, it is dirty!"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

fodada's Colors for A Cause

Happy National Empanada Day!

Easy Turkey Empanadas