God’s Perfect Food

A few nights ago while enjoying a lovely dinner with the family I started a conversation about my favorite lunch spot at work, The New York Soup Exchange. Just as the name implies their main product is, you guessed it, soup. Now it just so happens that my favorite food is soup. As a matter of fact soup is, in my opinion, God's perfect food.

That particular night for dinner we had pork chops, pasta, gravy, and green beans. Nothing fancy but I was explaining to the children that nearly anything could be made into a soup, including tonight's dinner. "Anything?!" they said. "Yes" I said "anything.". "How can you make soup with gravy?" asked Croissant. I explained that you would use a gravy base for a stew.

That was when we took a turn for the worse. The soup combinations from my children that followed made me wonder briefly about the culinary prowess that my children will possess in their adulthood. A few examples were rose petals, pomegranate juice, and green beans; bananas, ketchup, and pomegranate juice, just to name a few. Apparently pomegranate goes with anything. I did, however, explain that rose water is in fact used in cooking and the process by which it is produced. Although they were relieved to hear that rose water is not the funky stuff in the vase, I don't think they were too happy about the fact that I may someday use rose water in their food.

The fact still remains that soup is the one food that has all of the nutrients the body needs in one bowl. Be it a soup, stew, chowder, gumbo, bisque, bouillabaisse or broth, you could conceivably have a different one every day for a year without repeating and still not run out of options.

Check the recipe box on the right regularly for new additions of soups, stews and gumbos. Today's addition: Cajun Shrimp and Sausage Gumbo.

For the recipe, click the link in the article or browse "Recipes" on the right, listed in alphabetical order.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

fodada's Colors for A Cause

Happy National Empanada Day!

Easy Turkey Empanadas