"Squashing" Another Myth


Zucchini used to be one of those veggies that I just had no desire to eat.  It was nothing more to me than that annoying mushy green half moon thingy in my “seasonal vegetables” at the restaurant.  Recently, I have developed an appetite for zucchini and I’ve been trying all sorts of ways to cook it.

The other day a friend of mine told me about zucchini “boats”.  He told me that it was originally a Weight Watchers recipe, though he had prepared a different variation.  So, that very night I googled “zucchini boats”, and made my own version of a Zucchini Boat . 
 
The great thing about the Zucchini Boat is you can use whatever you want for a filler.  While I chose to use veggies, my friend stuffed his with ground chicken and cheese.  The possibilities are endless, from super healthy to super decadent. 
 
I have prepared zucchini in other ways as well: I've brushed sliced zucchini with olive oil and grilled it,  I've sauted zucchini chunks with onion, I've even breaded and fried it like I would eggplant.  It is delicious no matter what I do to it.
 
Hopefully this will "squash" the mushy myth about Squash, or at least zucchini. 

Feel free to comment with your own ideas for zucchini, I'm always looking for new ideas!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

fodada's Colors for A Cause

Happy National Empanada Day!

Easy Turkey Empanadas