Chicken L’Orange

A few months ago my children asked me if I could make Chicken L'Orange for dinner. I know that L'orange is usually Duck, but I'm an adventurous type so why not. Tonight was Chicken L'Orange night and quite frankly, I can't believe how simple it was.
Oh and by the way, they all loved it!

 

Chicken L'Orange
Ingredients:
4 Bone In Split Chicken Breasts
1 12 oz can Orange juice Concentrate
¼ Cup Honey
3-4 Tbsp. Olive Oil
Salt and Pepper
Zest of 1 Orange

 

Directions:
Pre-heat oven to 375°


In a small saute´ pan, thaw OJ Concentrate over medium heat. Whisk in honey, ¼ tsp salt and ¼ tsp pepper, reduce heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes, set aside.


In a large skillet heat Olive Oil over high heat, Salt and Pepper chicken Breast and place in oil skin down. I like to place a heavy pan (Cast Iron if you have one) on top of the chicken to aid in the crisping of the skin. Cook 4-5 minutes on skin side, remove to baking dish skin side up.


Brush liberally with orange glaze and zest orange over chicken. Bake 20 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 170°, rebrushing glaze halfway through.


Let rest 5-10 minutes, slice breast off of bone, slice and serve.


Serves: 4


Cooking Time: 40 minutes

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

fodada's Colors for A Cause

Happy National Empanada Day!

Easy Turkey Empanadas